No refunds will be issued.
Please review the following before you sign up for a class:
You may reschedule your class for another class within 3 weeks of your original class date with no additional charge, only if you contact us at least 48 hours prior to your class date to reschedule. If you fail to give us at least 48 hours notice, you will be charged a $55 fee.
If you do not attend the rescheduled class, you will have to sign up and pay for another class.
Please make sure you are able to attend the class you sign up for because we are able to issue refunds.
If you would like to change your class date or if you have questions, please email [email protected] or text 541-525-9081 with the new date that you have chosen. Your rescheduled date that you pick may not be available. You must get a reply before the class to confirm your spot.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNIFICATION WAIVER
This document affects your legal rights. Read BOTH PAGES carefully before signing.
- ACTIVITY AND ASSOCIATED RISKS: I have chosen to participate in the following activity (hereinafter referred to as “the Activity”), which is organized by Oregon CPR.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training and Skills Testing which may include the following:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- CPR/AED or CPR/AED/First Aid
- Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Child and Babysitting Safety (CABS)
- Non-Certified Parents CPR/AED/First Aid
- Pet CPR/First Aid
I understand that:
- The Activity requires the inherent performance of physical skills that may be arduous and/or hazardous, and I may be exposed to hazards, including, but not limited to, some of the following (depending on the nature of the Activity): wrist injuries, back injuries, falls, mouth injuries, contact with manikins, CPR & first aid supplies that may contain latex, or other allergenic materials, overexertion, overheating failures, and negligence of others;
- As a consequence of these risks, I may be hurt or disabled from the resulting injuries, and my property may also be damaged.
- Oregon CPR assumes no responsibility for providing medical care during the Activity, and I will have to pay for any medical care and/or evacuation that may occur.
In consideration of the permission to participate in the Activity, I agree to the terms contained in this document.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: I hereby freely assume the above-mentioned risks as well as other risks not listed that are part of this activity, and any harm, injury or loss that may occur to me or my property as a result of my participation in the Activity or during any transportation to or from the Activity – including any injury or loss caused by the negligence of Oregon CPR, it’s employees, agents and officers, its contractors, and other Activity participants. I also understand that any equipment that I provide or use during the Activity I use at my own risk and that any such equipment is provided without any warranty about its condition or suitability.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: I hereby RELEASE Oregon CPR, its employees, agents, officers, and contractors, and the providers of any equipment used in the Activity FROM ALL LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occur to me or to any other person or to any property during the Activity or in any way related to the Activity, including during transportation to or from the Activity. This RELEASE includes claims for the negligence of the Released Parties and claims for strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities. This RELEASE does not extend to claims for gross negligence, intentional or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities that Oregon law does not permit to be excluded by agreement. I also agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against the Released Parties for death, injuries, loss or harm that occur during the Activity or are related in any way to the Activity.
- INDEMNIFICATION HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFENSE: I promise INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties (defined in Section 3) against any and all claims to which Section 3 of this agreement applies, including claims for their own negligence. I also promised TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties against any and all claims for my own negligence, and any other claim arising from my conduct during the Activity. In accordance with these promises, I will reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements, and defense costs, including attorney’s fees that they incur because of such claims made against them.
- AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS: I agree to follow the rules for the Activity provided to me and to follow the directions given to me by the leaders of the Activity.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS: I acknowledge that Oregon CPR has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractors providing any services for the Activity.
- USE OF MY LIKENESS: I understand that during the Activity I may be photographed or videotaped. To the fullest extent allowed by law, I waive all rights of publicity or privacy or pre-approval that I have for any such likeness of me or use of my name in connection with such likeness, and I grant to Oregon CPR, and its assigns permission to copyright, use, and publish (including by electronic means) such likeness of me, whether in whole or in part, in any form, without restrictions, and for any purpose.
- SEVERABILITY: I agree that the purpose of this agreement is that it shall be an enforceable RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Oregon law. I agree that if any portion or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the agreement.
- CERTIFIED: I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury involved in preforming CPR and first aid if I put my training in action and need to use my skills. I agree to assume the full risk of injuries, including death, damages, or losses which I may sustain as a result of providing CPR and first aid. I agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have arisen out of, or connected with, said course, whether they relate to injuries to myself or others. I do hereby fully release and discharge Oregon CPR and its officers, agents, and employees from all claims from injuries, including death, damage, or loss because of taking this course.
I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY READING IT BEFORE SIGNING IT. NO ORAL REPRESENTATION, STATEMENTS, OR OTHER INDUCEMENTS TO SIGN THIS RELEASE HAVE BEEN MADE APART FROM WHAT IS CONTAINED INTHIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A CONTRACT THAT AFFECTS MY LEGFAL RIGHTS AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
IF YOU AGREE TO THE RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNIFICATION WAIVER, PLEASE SIGN THE SIGNATURE PAGE OF THIS FORM.
If PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR, signature of parent or responsible adult is required on the Signature Page