Child And Babysitting Safety (CABS)
April 16 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$70.00
The Child and Babysitting Safety (CABS) program gives teenagers and young adults everything they need to know for safe and successful babysitting. From getting started with a business, to working with parents and children, to key safety, caregiving, and first aid tips, the CABS vlogger-style video makes learning fun. This class covers certification requirements for the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI). If you require certification through a specific entity, please register appropriately.
Babysitting is usually a teenager’s first attempt at building and running a small business. Our new Child and Babysitting Safety (CABS) class comes in a magazine-format guide designed to engage and inform the aspiring babysitter. It gives teenagers everything they need to know, from getting started, to dealing with parents and children, to key safety, caregiving, and first aid tips. The new CABS class can help build peace of mind in everyone concerned, by giving teenagers a proven, effective way to care for children.
- Babysitting as a business
- Safety and injury prevention guidelines and best practices
- Leadership strategies to build confidence when responding to conflict
- Tips on age-appropriate play
- How to build rapport and stay engaged with children
- Basic caregiving skills such as feeding, burping, diapering, and safe sleep practices
- Basic first aid for common incidents
Approximate Course Length: CPR/AED + First Aid (All Ages) 3.5 hours (This includes skills practice and skills testing time)