- This class has passed.
Sweet Home Child And Babysitting Safety (CABS)
July 20, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm$50.00
The Child and Babysitting Safety (CABS) program gives teenagers and young adults everything they need to know for safe and successful babysitting. From getting started with a business, to working with parents and children, to key safety, caregiving, and first aid tips, the CABS vlogger-style video makes learning fun. This class covers certification requirements for the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI). If you require certification through a specific entity, please register appropriately.
Course Topics Include
- Babysitting as a business
- Safety and injury prevention guidelines and best practices
- Leadership strategies to build confidence when responding to conflict
- Tips on age-appropriate play
- How to build rapport and stay engaged with children
- Basic caregiving skills such as feeding, burping, diapering, and safe sleep practices
- Basic first aid for common incidents
Approximate Course Length:
- CPR/AED + First Aid (All Ages) 4.5 hours (This includes skills practice and skills testing time)